We offer rustic, researcher-type accommodations with bunk beds and ceiling fans. Our bathrooms and showers are shared and kept impeccably clean. We also have a room with a private bathroom for teachers or chaperons. Our lodge has 24/7 solar energy and free Wi-Fi. Towels and soap are provided at check-in.
Veragua Rainforest lodging maximum capacity
- 8 rooms with 4 bunk beds separated by gender
- 1 room for teachers or chaperons with a private bathroom (4 people max)
Meal plan at Veragua Rainforest
Menus are based on traditional Costa Rican staples such as rice, beans, salads, vegetables, meat and chicken, which, besides being extremely nutritious, allow our visitors to experience our culture gastronomically. We provide three healthy, home-cooked meals a day on the following schedule:
Breakfast: 7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
What should I bring?
- Clothes that dry fast and that you won’t mind getting dirty.
- Long pants for research activities
- Light rain poncho
- Insect repellent, preferably natural-based with no DEET
- Hiking boots
Note: We can lend a limited amount of rubber boots but don’t carry larger sizes