Veragua Rainforest launches an exciting new Costa Rica Sustainability Tour!
You won’t want to miss this unforgettable lifetime experience! Veragua’s heartwarming rural tourism tour takes you into the tiny mountain community of Las Brisas, located by Veragua Rainforest, less than one hour away from the Port of Limon on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast.
Enjoy a fascinating hands-on experience of authentic Costa Rican culture, interact with the local community, meet indigenous Cabecar artisans, learn about global sustainability on the grassroots level, and help counteract climate change with rainforest conservation.
On our Costa Rica Sustainability Tour, you will:
- Walk through an organic orchard to learn about sustainable growing methods; and harvest fresh ingredients to later make a traditional snack with locals.
- Visit a small dairy farm to learn about local production. You can even milk a cow!
- Go to a community tree nursery to find out the importance of trees in the rainforest and the world biosphere. Then do your part to counteract climate change by planting a tree seedling in a nearby rainforest recovery site.
- Learn from locals how to prepare a traditional Costa Rican snack with the fresh ingredients you picked.
- Meet indigenous Cabecar artisans, who have inhabited this rainforest for centuries and will teach you about their culture and love of the earth. You can see how they make their unique handicrafts, and purchase items as keepsakes and gifts to remember your experience.
In line with Veragua’s sustainability philosophy, most of the proceeds of this tour go directly to the community participants and as a donation to the nonprofit Foundation for Rainforest Research & Preservation.
Contact Veragua to book your tour today! firstname.lastname@example.org /